Sunday, May 24, 2009

Here are some pictures of the Art Museum in Memphis (i don't remember the name of the museum...). Michael and Josephine went a few days ago...



And some pictures of the zoo...
If you look on the other side of the gate, you can see part of a "mini" cow! I can't remember if that's what they called them, but they were bred to be half the size of a normal cow!






We're going to the zoo at least once more before we move... preferably 2 more times, if possible.
This may be my last post for a while. We've really got to get busy packing. We've got a lot of boxes packed already, we just have a LOT more to do and we need to speed up the process so we're not scrambling close to our move date (June 9th).

Many of you already know our newest idea... IF Michael doesn't get a FT job for this fall, I may go back to school to get my Doctorate degree in Music. I'm looking at the University of Southern Mississippi, for a few reasons: it's further south (warmer weather, closer to family!), and my old piano teacher's wife works as a professor of music (piano) there. Ideally, I would spend 6-12 months preparing for an audition...which was my initial idea (to start preparing now, and apply for the fall of 2010). After e-mailing my old piano teacher (of 7 years) he seemed to think I might be able to apply for THIS fall. SO, needless to say, I've been practicing a lot since that e-mail....

there are so many IF's, though, it's driving me crazy... I would only apply for this fall, IF michael doesn't get a FT job by the end of July/early august. Michael said there was a professor at the Memphis College of Art that was hired ONE WEEK before classes started! There may not be any openings for doctoral students this fall (I'm waiting to hear from my old teacher's wife to find out that answer...) which would mean I'll have to wait until next fall. IF michael doesn't get a job AND I don't start school this fall, then what?! Well, we'd have to stick it out in LA, with both of us finding some kind of work for income... I guess we'll just have to be patient, and we won't really know what we're doing until the end of July/early august.

No comments: