Saturday, January 23, 2010

OK - here's the other half of the pictures I went through a while ago... Some are from as far back as Thanksgiving, but I wanted to post them anyhow. Others are from Christmas morning and from the freak snow in early December of '09 (remember it snowed the previous year, too! in southeast Louisiana!) Speaking of weather - the past couple days have been beautiful! 60's and 70's for the highs - my kind of weather... not like the weather from a week or so ago, the highs didn't get above the 30's for a few days in a row, and the lows actually got into the teens - that's VERY low for this area...

Well, life is busy around here... I'm teaching piano students (mon.-thu.) and just recently took a part-time teaching job at Delgado Community College (their main campus is in New Orleans; the job I took is in a Covington campus, just 20 min. away). I'm only teaching one class, but that's enough! It's a music appreciation class, a fine arts elective for non-music majors. I've taught two classes, so far, and it seems to be going well. What's most time consuming is the lesson plans/making quizzes... Michael has homeschooling duties on Tue. and Thu., me on Mon. and Wed. - Fridays are very short (1-2 hours at the most) so long as we've stayed on track mon.-thur. Michael continues to apply for jobs weekly - all over the United States and one out of the country: Beirut! (not sure of the spelling) He's applied for a total of 30 or so just since November of '09... He's still painting and working on ceramics- it's important he keeps a current body of work when applying for jobs - they won't want to hire someone who is not "practicing" their art... He's even applied for non-art related jobs around town: Walmart, Barnes and nobles, and I think Michael said Target... Their response to him: he's overqualified! Overqualified! That makes sense - someone smart to work at your store, but they don't want him...

Say your prayers for us. We really need him to get a job this time around, BECAUSE, we are expecting another child. Yup, that's right - I'm pregnant - 14 weeks (estimated due date according to an ultrasound: July 21st). What makes this all the crazier, is that my sister is pregnant too!!! And her due date is the same as mine. What are the odds?! I only wished we lived closer to each other! I am very excited for both of us... Josephine and Maureen are super excited to have a new baby sister or brother. They're already choosing names for the baby! I asked Maureen if she thought the baby was a boy or a girl, and she said "It's a girl, and I want to name her Stara-Clara." Veronica, pretty much doesn't understand - maybe she'll understand better once my belly grows big.














No comments: