Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wow - has it really been a week since I last posted?

I will have pictures next time I post... Well, Josephine started Tae Kwon Doe (spelling?) the other day. The past couple months she's been mentioning she wanted to do Karate... there are no Karate places here, but we found a Tae Kwon Do place... She had a private lesson w/ the teacher and will start w/ a group of kids this Wed. - will let you know how that goes then. She did really good and the teacher thinks she should go into the bigger kids class (age 6+). For March, I'll put her in the 3-5 yo class and then do the bigger kid class in April. She looks really cute in her uniform! I'll take a picture of her in it next time she's wearing it.

Some more exciting news for a mother of a two year old - Maureen used the potty for the first time today! It was a double whammy, too! (She did pee pee and poo poo in the same sitting!) Josephine was so excited for her, she couldn't wait for Maureen to put on some panties. We even did a potty dance/song for her (learned from Supernanny!). I will put her in panties tomorrow and we'll see how she does! I'm very excited at the thought of having only ONE child to change diapers for!

I also got Maureen a "pre-writing" wipe-off book and some wipe-off crayons (the same things I got for Josephine around the same age) and Maureen took to it right away! I told her it was her schoolwork (she often wants to do schoolwork, too, when I'm teaching Josephine) and she got very excited about it and said "Yes. MY cool-work!"

No comments: