Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good news! Both my father and Michael's grandfather are home from the hospital, which we're all very happy about. Now, I just pray for a quick recovery for both of them!

We're going soon to LA, then from there, Veronica and I will fly to FL to visit with my family, fly back to LA a week later, then back here to MS. I'm guessing we'll be back to MS by March 1st. I'm sure there will be pictures to post when I come back. (I'll be borrowing Josephine's camera for my trip.)

Here's a few photos to share until next time!
Here's the dress I spent several hours (spread out over 4 days) sewing. I haven't sewed anything in years with a sewing machine, so this was my "practice" dress. I let Maureen pick out the fabric (it's not horrible, but it's not something I would have picked out!). I have patterns and fabric (that I picked out) to make two more dresses. I'll start on those next month.... What's the reason for wanting to sew dresses for Maureen? Well, Michael's Granny sewed dozens of dresses for Madeline (some nicer, Church dresses, and some casual) and when she outgrew those, they were given to Josephine. Maureen, on almost a DAILY basis, will go in Josephine's closet, take off the clothes I put her in that morning, and pick one of the casual dresses Granny sewed to wear for the day. If she were an inch shorter, the dresses would drag on the floor! Anyhow, she was very happy to get her own dress to play in. We have TONS of Church dresses, but I don't let her play in those, of course...
Josephine took the following pictures on her camera: She's becoming quite the photographer!



No comments: