Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here's another story... I had to write/type it down before I forgot.

yesterday, during josephine's math lesson, we were doing a repeating pattern, which she had to finish. Once she got the answer, I said, "Yes, that's right! And it just keeps going, and going, and going..." and josephine said "...until the end of the world!" I said, "Yeah, I suppose!."

then, you could tell she was thinking hard... "Mommy, when is the end of the world going to be?"

"I don't know, Josephine. Nobody really knows."

"When it is the end of the world, will the earth just disappear?"

"Maybe, it does, but I really don't know."

Again, she was thinking hard.... "If the earth does disappear, where would God put all the people?"

"That's a very good question. I don't know the answer to that one, either!"

"Well, maybe God would make another earth/world for the people to live on."

"I think that's a good idea, Josephine.... Now, can we get back to math?"


I thought that was pretty abstract thinking for a 5 year old (almost 6!!).

No comments: