Sunday, September 7, 2008


Josephine as a Hula girl/dancer! Mee Mee and Paw Paw Julius bought her(and Maureen) this dress-up costume last time we were ALL down in LA. I made a coconut top out of construction paper and yarn!

This is a moth (I think it's a moth because it has "fuzzy" antennae) on the outside of our front window. I had to take a picture of him, he was so pretty!


Well, it's been yet another busy couple of weeks. We've had our new computer for almost 2 weeks, but I've been too busy to post. We had company for a few days (as most of you already knew, Granny, Paw paw Louis, and baby Louis). It was a wonderful visit, and the girls especially enjoyed playing with baby Louis! Then, Michael, Josephine and Maureen left yesterday to go to LA so Michael could go see the Saints game (GO SAINTS!!! WHO DAT! - on behalf of Michael). this is the first time I haven't gone to LA with them (not counting the first week that we lived in this house). It has been SOOOO quiet without everyone here! Taking care of only one child, compared to three, is LIGHT YEARS easier! It's so easy, it feels like I'm actually getting time to myself! I've done plenty of cleaning (the whole house was a mess when they left) and lots of window shopping. I did buy some summer shirts for Josephine from Wal-mart (for $1.00 a piece!!!) I bought her one for now, and two that will fit her next summer. I also went to Payless shoe source and bought myself three pairs of shoes and Veronica a pair of sandals. I haven't bought a pair of shoes I think in about 2 years!

Anyhow, I've kept very busy, and spent plenty of time w/ Veronica. I even took her to the park yesterday - she had a blast. I think she's enjoying all the extra attention, but at the same time, I know she's missing her Daddy and big sisters. Many times today, she's said "Da da, Josephine (in sign language) and Maureen." Michael and Josephine talked to her over the phone today and her face lit up and she got all excited with both of them.

I wish I had the camera to take a video of Veronica (michael has it right now). She had been dancing a lot lately, wriggling her hips and arms back and forth. It's SOOO cute!

Well, I plan on visiting the thrift store tomorrow morning, to see if I can find winter jackets for the girls... can you believe with ALL the clothes that we have (boxes and boxes!) we don't have the right size jackets for any of them this winter! My main focus is finding one for Josephine... if need be, Maureen and Veronica can wear ones that are little to big...

I've enjoyed a more relaxed and QUIETER couple of days, but I miss the girls a lot (Michael too!) and can't wait to see them tomorrow!

No comments: