Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh, I forgot to mention how well Josephine is doing in piano. She's learned notes on the staff most recently... pretty exceptional for a 5 yo (as a piano teacher of 11 years, I know from experience!). She has good rhythm, when I remind her to count, and is breezing through the new books I bought her. She's doing so well, I would like to enter her in some piano competitions/festivals starting this fall and next spring (2009). She practices EVERY day, several times throughout the day. She'll be playing in my students' piano recital next month, too... 4 songs: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star, The Eensy Weensy Spider, The Tooth Fairy and Tucker's Secret Life (the latter two are from her new books). At the recital, I award only some of my students with ribbons, medals and trophies. Of course, trophies are for the students who practice the most and practice everything I ask them to. DON'T TELL JOSEPHINE, but I got her a trophy, because she has definitely earned it with all the practice she's been doing! She's wanted a trophy since she saw them for the first time at a dance recital when she was 3. She's going to be so happy.

She may be a hard headed little girl (see next post), but at least she's a SMART hard headed little girl! I'm so proud of how she's doing in piano.

No comments: