Thursday, November 6, 2008

Josephine saw the dentist this past Monday- basically, he said everything will be fine and we can let her two teeth fall out on their own since they are already so loose.

On Tuesday, all three children went to the doctor for check-ups. Josephine may need glasses (after the results of a preliminary test at the office). She will see an eye doctor this tuesday and will find out for sure then. Maureen may need speech therapy- she will see a speech therapist (once the pediatrician calls me w/ an appt. date) to be evaluated. I actually brought the issue up with the doctor, and after he asked her several questions so he could hear her speak, he agreed that he could not understand her as much as he should be able to for a 3 yo. They did a hearing test and her hearing was fine, so we'll get her evaluated and go from there.

All three kids got their fingers pricked and all three got shots. I was also by myself, so let's just say it wasn't a very pleasant experience. Plus the visit lasted 2 hours and 15 minutes from the time we got there to the time we left the office. Anyway, such is life with kids! Josephine and Maureen have low iron again (what is the deal with that?!), have been put on iron medicine, and will be checked again next month. Finally, I remembered to write down all three of their weights and heights, and now I can't find the piece of paper I wrote it down on! I remember their weights - josephine is 42 lbs., Maureen is 30 lbs., and Veronica is 23 lbs.

Anyhow, I will let you know how the eye doctor and speech therapist visits go!

No comments: